Call for Artists with Late July Deadline
We have received notification of another Call for Artists with a July Deadline. In addition to the following RFQ, be sure to check out our post which has several opportunities for sculptors this month.
Beaverton Public Safety Center Public Art
Summary: The City of Beaverton’s Arts Program invites experienced professional artists or artist teams who reside in Washington state or Oregon state to submit qualifications to create original and site-responsive public artwork for the new Beaverton Public Safety Facility.
Public art at Critical Public Safety Facility should:
- Honor the value of the Beaverton Police Department, Emergency Management and City staff as public servants focused on ensuring the safety of its citizens
- Reflect the diversity of the citizens of Beaverton and promote well-being and equity within the community
- Enhance the experience of the facility without infringing on building uses
- Connect with and engage the community in the public art process through voice, hands-on participation, education, representation and experience
- Capture imagination and enliven the site through movement, lighting conditions, experiential or interactive artwork(s)
- Elicit and encourage ritual, traditions, continued and relevant conversation with the artwork(s)
Deadline: July 27th, 2018 by 11:59pm PST
How to apply: online via Submittable
Eligibility Requirements: Professional, experienced artists and artist teams residing in Washington state or Oregon state are eligible to apply. Students are ineligible to apply. The City values diversity and encourages Individuals from historically underrepresented groups such as women, people of color, disabled veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Special Notes: Up to five finalists will be selected for interviews. Each finalist will be paid a $1,500 honorarium. A project artist or artist team will be selected from the finalists.
*Though not required, it is of strong interest that the selected artist or artist team consider sustainability of materials and site. Re‐use of materials is welcomed and encouraged as part of this practice.
Click here to read more about this call for artists or to apply